Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/bowelpre/public_html/wp-content/plugins/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons/really-simple-facebook-twitter-share-buttons.php on line 538
Coffee is the most popular beverage in America. Worldwide, about 1 billion people drink this beverage every day. People love coffee for different reasons. For some, it is the boost in brain power and energy they get from the drink. For others, it is the social interactions often associated with the beverage. Whatever the reason, people enjoy coffee. For a lot of people, a cup of joe in the morning is a necessity. Are you one of those people?
Food, Drinks and Colonoscopy
Restrictions are often placed on what you can eat and drink prior to colonoscopy. Most physicians recommend a clear liquid diet the day before colonoscopy. Read What food can I eat before colonoscopy.
Is coffee a clear liquid diet?
Yes. Coffee without milk or cream is considered clear liquid for colonoscopy. This is despite the fact that clear liquid diet is often described as liquid you can read a newspaper through. So go ahead, have your morning joe without milk. Adding milk or cream disqualify it as a clear liquid diet.
Tea without milk or cream is also a clear liquid diet for colonoscopy.
- The beans are the seeds of berries (cherries) from the Coffea plant.
- There are 2 growing areas for the plant. Low altitude areas like Indonesia have more oxygen and more yield. And then high altitude areas like Ethiopia with low oxygen. The plants utilize anaerobic respiration. The beverage from this region is sweeter and creamier.
- We have two ways of extracting beans from the berries. The wash method and the natural method. The wash method is a wet process while the natural method is a dry process.
- Different roasts of coffee exist. They depend on how long the bean stays in the oven. There are light, medium, and dark roasts. Dark roasts retain more of the original flavor yet light roasts have more caffeine
- There are different ways of brewing coffee. The two main ways are the total immersion (French press) method and the pour over (Chemex) method.
- There are several ways of serving the beverage.
- Boost brain power and energy.
- Protects against liver cirrhosis and liver cancer.
- Lowers risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Protects against Alzheimer’s dementia.
- Reduces colorectal cancer risk.
- Increases longevity.
- How to hack your colonoscopy.
- My colonoscopy is tomorrow. What should I expect?
- Why people hate colonoscopy and what to do about it.
- Bowel prep and colonoscopy frequently asked questions (FAQ).